•Elkins Main Street Board of Directors•
- Mike Bell President Member, Executive and Economic Vitality Committees
- Jessica Arbogast Vice President Member, Executive, Economic Vitality and Promotion Committees
- Sue Pifer Secretary Asst. Chair, Promotion Committee; Member, Executive Committee
- Robbie Morris Treasurer Chair, Finance Committee; Member, Executive Committee
- Duke Talbott Member, Executive Committee
- Maryann Durland Chair, Design Committee; Member, Organization Committee.
- Anne Beardslee Chair, Promotion Committee
- Mark Doak Chair, Organization Committee; Member, Design and Finance Committees
- Priscilla Gay Chair, Economic Vitality Committee
- David Cutlip Member, Design and Finance Committees
- Chelsey Jones Member, Economic Vitality Committee
- Kurt Barkley
- Craig Fortney
- Tracy Judy
- Mike Taylor
•Staff of Elkins Main Street•
- Karen Carper Executive Director
- JoLynn Powers AFHA AmeriCorps Service Member
Elkins Main Street brings renewed energy and vitality to downtown Elkins with the Main Street Four-Point Approach®. This unique preservation-based economic development tool enables communities to revitalize downtown and neighborhood business districts by leveraging local assets. Volunteers work together on committees dedicated to each of the four areas of this comprehensive approach: Design, Economic Vitality, Promotion and Organization.
Design Committee This group creates a visual message about what Main Street is and what downtown has to offer by improving the appearance of the district. Making downtown look its best creates an inviting atmosphere that attracts residents and visitors to shop and dine at locally owned businesses. Committee projects may include window displays, signage, sidewalks, street lighting, seasonal decorations, landscaping and other beautification initiatives.
Economic Vitality Committee Supporting downtown business development is this committee’s focus. The group works to help existing downtown businesses expand, and recruits new ones that respond to today’s market. Transforming unused space into productive property is an important committee goal. Committee activities help sharpen the competitiveness of business enterprises and contribute to the economic vitality of the district.
Promotion Committee Developing and marketing a positive image for downtown Elkins is the job of the Promotion Committee. The group plans activities to increase business within the district, and hosts special events that make downtown a destination for shopping, dining, and family fun. Showcasing the district’s unique characteristics with effective promotion strategies forges a positive image for the local and visiting community.
Organization Committee The Organization Committee is tasked with the tough job of building consensus and cooperation among stakeholders in the Main Street project area, and providing the structure and support to move the organization forward. This group helps craft the message of Elkins Main Street and oversees fundraising and outreach activities.